If you’re in search of a cannabinoid to help reduce your anxiety and help you relax, CBD products are a great option.
What is CBD?
CBD is one of the cannabinoids present in cannabis-containing plants, though it is mostly found in hemp. CBD contains little to no tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is what creates the high individual’s experience when consuming marijuana. Per the 2018 Farm Bill, which federally legalized cannabinoids with less than 0.3 percent THC, CBD is legal to consume.
Benefits of CBD
There are quite a few positive benefits consumers can get from smoking CBD. However, it’s important to remember that these are potential benefits and that research is still needed.
- Pain Relief – Research has proven CBD to be an effective option available for pain relief. It can help with inflammation, nerve pain, and chronic pain.
- Reduces Anxiety – Anxiety is a mental health disorder that affects the quality of life of those dealing with it. CBD has been considered a potential treatment for a few different anxiety disorders because it interacts with the serotonin receptors present in our bodies, which regulate mood and social behaviors.
- Anti-Cancer – Cancer is a deadly disease that has impacted millions of lives globally. CBD has the potential to inhibit tumor migration and invasion.
- Seizure – Studies and trials have shown CBD can help significantly reduce the frequency of seizures, which can be helpful for those impacted by epilepsy.
- Neuroprotectant – CBD has shown the potential to help with neurodegenerative conditions like Alzheimer’s and ALS.
How to Use
There are many different ways available to administer CBD: inhalation, orally, and topically.
Inhaling CBD by vaping or smoking is the more common method of consuming the cannabinoid. It delivers cannabinoids rapidly to the body, bypassing first-pass metabolism, making it popular amongst consumers who want to experience its benefits faster.
- Vapes – Vapes contain a battery and an atomizer; their cartridges are filled with CBD oil to smoke. Vaporizers are one of the most discreet ways to consume cannabis.
- Prerolls – Prerolls are small quantities that are single-use, and they can be smoked right away. They are easy to use, portable, and convenient.
- Hemp cigarettes – Hemp cigarettes are cigarette-style tubes filled with dried CBD with a filter.
- Dried flower – The dried flower is the unprocessed bud from the hemp plant and can usually be doused in CBD concentrate. In this form, hemp can be added to pipes and smoked thusly.
Oral CBD beverages
CBD does not bypass first-pass metabolism when taken orally, so the concentration of the drug is reduced; our bodies only absorb close to 6%. They take longer to go into effect.
- Tinctures – A tincture, in the most basic sense, is an extract in which a liquid is infused with CBD.
- Edibles – Edibles are cannabis-based food products, and they can range from gummies to brownies.
- Beverages – CBD beverages are growing in popularity, and options include cannabis tea, kombucha, soft drinks, non-alcoholic beer, and wine.
The topical administration of CBD works by allowing the cannabinoid to penetrate the skin and enter the bloodstream. When administering cannabinoids topically, they also bypass the first pass metabolism, as inhalation does.
- Bath Bombs – CBD bath bombs and salts typically contain CBD oil in combination with essential oils and fragrances.
- Lotions – While you won’t get high with cannabinoid lotions, they offer relief from inflammation, nerve pain, arthritis, migraines, and muscle cramps.
- Patches – A cannabinoid patch is a small patch that sticks to the skin, and the cannabinoid is absorbed through the skin and into the bloodstream.
If you’re looking to incorporate CBD into your life, there are many available ways to do so.
Read also about How To Know if the Weed Is Old and How To Avoid the Weed From Going Stale
Thanks for reading about CBD beverages Keep Calm & Drink On