3ABN (Three Angels Broadcasting Network) is known for promoting healthy and delicious recipes. This recipe is inspired by their philosophy, aiming to create a nutritious and tasty dish suitable for 4 to 6 persons.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
4 to 6 persons
Approximately 6 servings
- Large skillet or frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- Cooking spoon
- Knife and cutting board
- Serving platter
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked and liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic, sautéing until translucent.
- Add diced red and yellow bell peppers, zucchini, and broccoli. Cook until the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa, black beans, and corn. Season with cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving platter, garnish with fresh cilantro, and serve hot.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 700mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 46g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 9g
Useful Resource Links:
- 3ABN Healthy Recipes
- Quinoa: Health Benefits and Nutritional Information
- Cooking Techniques and Tips
About for Health:
This 3ABN-inspired recipe focuses on a balanced and nutritious meal, providing essential nutrients for a healthy lifestyle.
Dish Originating from:
Main Course, Vegetarian
How Long Does It Last:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Can it Freeze:
Yes, you can freeze the quinoa vegetable stir-fry in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 months.
Estimated Cost in Dollars:
Other Food or Drink Pairings:
- Serve with a side of mixed greens and a light vinaigrette for a complete meal.
- Pair with a refreshing fruit smoothie for a wholesome lunch or dinner.
Community Tips and Praise in Points:
- Many praise the simplicity and health benefits of this recipe.
- Some suggest adding a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for an extra burst of flavor.
- Most appreciate the versatility, allowing for personal variations with different vegetables.
6 FAQs: 3abn recipes
- Can I substitute quinoa with another grain?
- Yes, you can substitute with rice or couscous, adjusting the cooking time accordingly.
- Is this recipe suitable for vegans?
- Yes, this recipe is vegan-friendly.
- Can I add meat to this dish?
- Absolutely, you can add grilled chicken or shrimp for a protein boost.
- Can I use frozen vegetables?
- Yes, you can use frozen vegetables, just ensure they are thawed and drained before adding.
- How do I adjust the spice level?
- Increase or decrease the amount of paprika and cumin according to your spice preference.
- Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
- Yes, quinoa is naturally gluten-free, making this recipe a great gluten-free option.
Conclusion: Enjoy a healthy and flavorful meal with this 3ABN-inspired quinoa vegetable stir-fry. Packed with nutrients and delicious vegetables, it’s a delightful dish for any occasion.
Keyword: 3abn recipes