Introduction Banana bread recipe without baking soda
- 1 Introduction Banana bread recipe without baking soda
- 2 Prep Time
- 3 Cook Time
- 4 Total Time
- 5 Servings
- 6 Yield
- 7 All Using Tools
- 8 All Nutrition Facts
- 9 Complete Ingredients
- 10 Directions
- 11 More about this Recipe
- 12 Dish Originating from
- 13 Mostly Eating Country or Countries
- 14 Cuisine
- 15 Meal Course Banana bread recipe without baking soda
- 16 How to Store It
- 17 How Long Does It Last?
- 18 Can It Freeze?
- 19 Cook It at Home or Outside or Cook Both Sides
- 20 What Are Other Foods or Drinks with This Dish?
- 21 Community Tips and Praise
- 22 Conclusion
Banana bread is a beloved classic, but what if you’re out of baking soda? Don’t worry; you can still enjoy the delightful flavors of banana bread with this alternative recipe. In this guide, we’ll take you through a journey of baking magic, crafting the perfect banana bread without baking soda.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Creating this banana bread is a breeze and takes just 15 minutes of prep time.
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
Allow your kitchen to be filled with the irresistible aroma of banana bread as it bakes for 60 minutes.
- Total Time: 75 minutes
From start to finish, you’ll have your delicious banana bread ready to enjoy in just 75 minutes.
- Servings: Approximately 8
This recipe yields approximately 8 servings, making it perfect for sharing with family and friends.
- Yield: 1 loaf
You’ll have a mouthwatering loaf of banana bread to savor and share.
All Using Tools
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- Mixing bowls
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Fork or potato masher
These basic tools will help you create your banana bread masterpiece.
All Nutrition Facts
Here’s a quick look at the nutritional content of your banana bread (per serving):
- Calories: 250 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 18g
Gather the following ingredients to create your banana bread:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips (optional)
Follow these steps to bake your banana bread without baking soda:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
- Add the melted butter and mix well with the mashed bananas.
- Stir in the granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract, combining until the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon (if using).
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- If desired, fold in chopped nuts or chocolate chips for added texture and flavor.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Once baked, remove the banana bread from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Use the parchment paper overhang to lift the banana bread out of the pan and onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve your delicious banana bread. Enjoy!
More about this Recipe
This banana bread recipe without baking soda offers a delightful alternative for those with dietary restrictions or pantry limitations. Its flavor and texture remain outstanding, making it a go-to choice for banana bread lovers.
Dish Originating from
Banana bread, in its various forms, is a global favorite. It has its roots in American cuisine, where creative bakers found a delicious way to use overripe bananas.
Mostly Eating Country or Countries
Banana bread is cherished in many countries around the world. It’s a versatile treat enjoyed by people from the United States to Australia and beyond.
This banana bread recipe belongs to the realm of baked goods, specifically quick bread. It showcases the ingenuity of home cooks who transform ripe bananas into delectable treats.
Meal Course Banana bread recipe without baking soda
Banana bread is incredibly versatile and can be enjoyed at any time of the day. It’s a delightful choice for breakfast, brunch, or as a satisfying snack.
How to Store It
To keep your banana bread fresh, store it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. It can be kept at room temperature for up to two days or refrigerated for longer shelf life.
How Long Does It Last?
Properly stored, your banana bread can last for up to one week. If you have leftovers, freezing slices in an airtight container is a great way to extend its life.
Can It Freeze?
Yes, you can freeze banana bread. Wrap slices or the entire loaf tightly in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container or a resealable freezer bag. Frozen banana bread can be enjoyed for up to three months.
Cook It at Home or Outside or Cook Both Sides
Banana bread is typically baked at home, allowing you to enjoy the delightful process of making this homemade treat.
What Are Other Foods or Drinks with This Dish?
Banana bread pairs wonderfully with a variety of foods and beverages, including:
- Coffee or tea
- Cream cheese or butter spread
- Fresh fruit
- Ice cream
Community Tips and Praise
Community Tip: Enhance the flavor of your banana bread by adding a handful of your favorite mix-ins, such as chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit.
Praise from Our Community: “This banana bread recipe is a game-changer! It’s incredibly moist and delicious, and you won’t even miss the baking soda.”
In conclusion, baking a perfect banana bread without baking soda is not only possible but also a delightful culinary adventure. This alternative recipe allows you to enjoy the beloved flavors of banana bread with a few simple adjustments. Whether you’re seeking a solution for dietary restrictions or just want to try something new, this recipe is a winner. So, gather your ingredients and get ready to savor the irresistible taste of homemade banana bread.
Keyword: Banana bread recipe without baking soda