Campo Grande, a vibrant city in Brazil, is known for its delicious and diverse culinary traditions. In this recipe, we’ll explore a hearty and authentic dish that embodies the flavors of Campo Grande, allowing you to bring a taste of Brazil to your table.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
8 to 10 persons
1 large pot of Campo Grande-style dish
- Large pot or Dutch oven
- Cutting board
- Cooking spoon
- 2 pounds beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the beef cubes and brown them on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pot, sauté the onions and garlic until they’re translucent and fragrant.
- Add the bell peppers and tomatoes. Cook until the vegetables soften.
- Return the browned beef cubes to the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the water and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer for about 1 hour or until the beef is tender.
- In a separate pot, cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Serve the beef stew over a bed of rice, garnished with fresh parsley.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 450
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 600mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 39g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 32g
Useful Resource Links:
About for Health:
This dish provides a good balance of protein and carbohydrates. However, moderation is key due to its calorie and fat content. Opt for lean cuts of beef for a healthier option.
Dish Originating From:
Campo Grande, Brazil
Main Course, Stew
How Long Does It Last:
This dish can be refrigerated and consumed within 3-4 days.
Can it Freeze:
Yes, you can freeze the stew for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat before serving.
Estimated Cost in Dollars:
Other Food or Drink Pairings:
- Serve with Brazilian cheese bread (pão de queijo) for an authentic experience.
- Pair with Caipirinha, a traditional Brazilian cocktail, for a delightful drink.
Community Tips and Praise in Points:
- Many suggest marinating the beef overnight for enhanced flavor.
- Some recommend adding black beans for a traditional touch.
- Others praise the simplicity and rich taste of this Campo Grande dish.
6 FAQs: Campo Grande Recipes
- Can I use a different type of meat, like chicken?
- Yes, you can substitute beef with chicken for a different taste.
- Are there any vegetarian alternatives?
- Replace the beef with extra vegetables or tofu for a vegetarian option.
- What other Brazilian dishes can I try?
- Feijoada, Coxinha, and Brigadeiro are popular Brazilian dishes to explore.
- Can I make this spicier?
- Absolutely! Add some chili powder or fresh chili peppers to spice it up.
- Can I use brown rice instead of white rice?
- Yes, you can use brown rice for a healthier option.
- How can I make this dish gluten-free?
- Ensure all ingredients used, including spices and sauces, are gluten-free.
This Campo Grande-style dish offers a taste of authentic Brazilian cuisine with tender beef and vibrant flavors. Explore the rich culinary heritage of Campo Grande and bring a piece of Brazil to your dinner table.
Keyword: Campo Grande Recipes