Iberico pork, sourced from Iberian pigs in Spain and Portugal, is renowned for its exceptional taste and marbling. This recipe showcases a delicious way to prepare Iberico pork, honoring its rich flavors and ensuring a memorable dining experience for 4 to 6 persons.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
4 to 6 persons
Approximately 1.5 pounds of cooked Iberico pork
- Ovenproof skillet or roasting pan
- Meat thermometer
- Aluminum foil
- 1.5 pounds Iberico pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the mixture all over the Iberico pork tenderloin, ensuring it’s evenly coated.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet or roasting pan over medium-high heat. Add a little olive oil.
- Carefully place the pork tenderloin in the skillet and sear for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until it’s nicely browned.
- Transfer the skillet or roasting pan to the preheated oven and roast for about 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C) for medium doneness.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the pork and serve.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 200
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 60mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 20g
Useful Resource Links:
About for Health:
Iberico pork is rich in healthy fats and protein. Moderation is key due to its higher fat content.
Dish Originating from:
How Long Does It Last:
Cooked Iberico pork can be refrigerated for 3-4 days.
Can it Freeze:
Yes, cooked Iberico pork can be frozen for up to 3 months. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in a freezer-safe container.
Estimated Cost in Dollars:
Other Food or Drink Pairings:
- Serve with a side of sautéed vegetables and roasted potatoes.
- Pair with a glass of Spanish red wine, such as Tempranillo.
Community Tips and Praise in Points:
- Many emphasize the need to not overcook Iberico pork to maintain its tenderness.
- Some suggest marinating the pork in advance for even more flavor.
- Most praise the exquisite taste and texture of Iberico pork.
6 FAQs: iberico pork recipe
- Where can I buy Iberico pork?
- You can find Iberico pork at specialty butchers or gourmet food stores.
- Can I use Iberico pork for other recipes?
- Absolutely, Iberico pork is versatile and can be used in various recipes from grilling to stir-fries.
- Can I use dried rosemary instead of fresh?
- Yes, but fresh rosemary is recommended for better flavor.
- Can I use other cuts of Iberico pork for this recipe?
- Yes, you can adapt the seasoning and cooking time for different cuts like Iberico pork chops.
- Can I marinate the pork overnight?
- Yes, marinating overnight can enhance the flavor.
- Can I use a meat rub instead of a herb-infused oil?
- Absolutely, using a rub can add a different flavor profile to the pork.
Experience the exquisite taste of Iberico pork with this simple and elegant recipe. Iberico pork, known for its marbling and unique taste, is a perfect choice for a memorable dining experience.
Keyword: iberico pork recipe