Indulge in the exquisite flavors of Patagonian Scallops with this delectable recipe. Patagonian scallops are known for their sweet, delicate taste and tender texture. This recipe showcases a simple and elegant way to prepare these scallops to perfection, making it an ideal dish for a gathering of 8 to 10 individuals.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
8 to 10 persons
Approximately 30 scallops
- Large skillet
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Mixing bowl
- Cooking oil
- 30 Patagonian scallops
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat and add a little cooking oil.
- Carefully place the scallops in the skillet and sear for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they’re golden brown.
- Pour the butter mixture over the scallops and gently toss to coat.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Remove from the skillet and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serving Size: 3 scallops
- Calories: 120
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 250mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 16g
Useful Resource Links:
About for Health:
Patagonian scallops are a good source of lean protein and are low in calories. They are also rich in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12 and selenium.
Dish Originating from:
Patagonia, South America
Appetizer, Main Course
How Long Does It Last:
Cooked scallops can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Can it Freeze: I
t’s not recommended to freeze cooked scallops as they may lose their delicate texture.
Estimated Cost in Dollars:
Other Food or Drink Pairings:
- Serve with a side of buttery mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
- Pair with a crisp white wine, such as a Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc.
Community Tips and Praise in Points:
- Many recommend not overcooking the scallops to maintain their tender texture.
- Some suggest adding a dash of hot sauce for a spicy kick.
- Most praise the simplicity and elegance of this scallop dish.
6 FAQs: Patagonian scallops recipe
- Where can I buy Patagonian scallops?
- Patagonian scallops can often be found in specialty seafood markets or ordered online.
- Can I use frozen scallops for this recipe?
- Yes, just make sure to thaw them completely and pat them dry before cooking.
- Can I use olive oil instead of butter?
- Yes, you can use olive oil as a healthier alternative.
- Can I grill the scallops instead of pan-searing?
- Absolutely, grilling adds a nice smoky flavor to the scallops.
- Can I use lime juice instead of lemon juice?
- Yes, lime juice can be used for a slightly different citrus flavor.
- Can I add other herbs to the butter mixture?
- Yes, herbs like thyme or oregano can complement the scallops nicely.
Indulge in the delicate flavors of Patagonian Scallops with this easy and quick recipe. These scallops, known for their tender texture and sweet taste, are a perfect dish to impress guests or enjoy with family and friends.