Indulge in the creamy and rich flavors of Ragu cheese sauce, perfect for adding a delectable twist to your favorite pasta dishes or as a dip for various snacks. This recipe will guide you through creating a sumptuous cheese sauce using Ragu sauce as a base.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
4 to 6 persons
Approximately 2 cups of sauce
- Medium saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Ragu pasta sauce (any variety you prefer)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the Ragu pasta sauce to the saucepan and stir.
- Gradually add the grated cheddar cheese while stirring continuously to prevent clumps.
- Once the cheese is melted and incorporated, slowly add the milk while whisking to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Stir in garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for a few minutes until it thickens to your desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and use immediately as a pasta sauce or dip.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: Approximately 100
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 4g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Useful Resource Links:
About for Health:
Enjoy Ragu cheese sauce in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Monitor your portion sizes to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Dish Originating from:
Sauce, Dip, Pasta
How Long Does It Last:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
Can it Freeze:
Yes, you can freeze the sauce in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat as needed.
Estimated Cost in Dollars:
Approximately $5-$7 for the entire batch.
Other Food or Drink Pairings:
- Perfect for drizzling over pasta, steamed vegetables, or using as a dip for breadsticks or tortilla chips.
Community Tips and Praise in Points:
- Fans of this sauce love its creamy texture and versatile uses, praising it as a quick and tasty addition to various dishes.
- Some suggest adding a pinch of cayenne pepper for a subtle kick of heat.
6 FAQs: Ragu cheese sauce recipes
- Can I use other types of cheese?
- Yes, you can experiment with different cheeses to suit your taste preferences.
- Is it necessary to use Ragu pasta sauce specifically?
- Ragu is recommended for this recipe due to its flavors and consistency, but you can try other pasta sauces too.
- Can I use low-fat or skim milk?
- Yes, you can use low-fat or skim milk for a lighter version of the sauce.
- Can I make this sauce in advance?
- Absolutely! Prepare the sauce in advance and reheat it when needed.
- Can I add vegetables or meat to the sauce?
- Yes, you can customize the sauce by adding sautéed vegetables or cooked meat.
- How do I prevent the cheese from clumping?
- Gradually adding the cheese while stirring continuously helps prevent clumping.
Enjoy the creamy and flavorful Ragu cheese sauce to enhance your pasta dishes or elevate your snacking experience. Quick and easy to make, it’s a versatile addition to your culinary repertoire.
Keyword: Ragu cheese sauce recipes