Sister Schubert rolls are beloved for their soft, buttery goodness. This homemade version allows you to recreate that delightful taste and aroma in the comfort of your home. Let’s bake up some warm, delectable rolls that will surely be a hit at any meal.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Total Time: 27-30 minutes
4 to 6 persons
Approximately 12 rolls
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Pastry brush
- Kitchen towel
- 1 package (16 oz) frozen dinner roll dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat your oven to the temperature indicated on the package of the frozen rolls.
- Arrange the rolls on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving space between each roll for them to rise.
- Cover the rolls with a clean kitchen towel and allow them to rise according to the package instructions.
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter and honey.
- Once the rolls have risen, brush the tops with the butter and honey mixture.
- Bake the rolls in the preheated oven according to the package instructions until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before serving.
- Serving Size: 2 rolls
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 21g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Useful Resource Links:
About for Health:
Enjoy Sister Schubert rolls in moderation as they are a treat. Be mindful of portion sizes to maintain a balanced diet.
Dish Originating from:
Bread, Side Dish
How Long Does It Last:
Sister Schubert rolls are best when consumed fresh. However, you can store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Can it Freeze:
Yes, you can freeze these rolls. Place them in a sealed freezer bag, and they should be good for up to 2 months.
Estimated Cost in Dollars:
Other Food or Drink Pairings:
- Serve with roasted chicken or turkey for a classic combination.
- Pair with a warm soup for a comforting meal.
Community Tips and Praise in Points:
- Many users love how these rolls replicate the taste of the store-bought version but with a homemade touch.
- Users appreciate the simplicity of the recipe and the wonderful aroma while baking.
- Some suggest adding a sprinkle of sea salt on top before baking for an extra burst of flavor.
6 FAQs: Sister schubert rolls recipe
- Can I use fresh dough instead of frozen dough?
- While this recipe is designed for frozen dough, you can use fresh dough, but the texture may differ slightly.
- How can I make these rolls sweeter?
- Increase the amount of honey in the butter mixture for a sweeter taste.
- Can I use salted butter for the topping?
- Yes, you can use salted butter, but be cautious of the overall saltiness of the rolls.
- Can I use a different sweetener instead of honey?
- Yes, you can use maple syrup or agave syrup as alternatives.
- Can I make these rolls ahead of time?
- Yes, you can prepare the rolls and freeze them before baking. Thaw and bake when needed.
- Can I reheat the rolls?
- Yes, you can reheat the rolls in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 5 minutes.
Enjoy the comforting taste of Sister Schubert rolls with this simple homemade recipe. Soft, buttery, and perfect for any meal, these rolls will quickly become a family favorite.
Keyword: Sister schubert rolls recipe