Smithfield pork loin is a versatile and delicious cut of meat that can be prepared in numerous ways. This recipe presents a mouthwatering approach to preparing Smithfield pork loin, ensuring a juicy and flavorful dish that will satisfy a gathering of 8 to 10 individuals.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
8 to 10 persons
1 whole pork loin (approximately 4-5 pounds)
- Roasting pan
- Cooking twine
- Meat thermometer
- Aluminum foil
- 1 whole Smithfield pork loin (4-5 pounds)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, chopped rosemary, chopped thyme, olive oil, salt, and black pepper to create the marinade.
- Rub the marinade all over the pork loin, ensuring it’s evenly coated.
- Place the pork loin in a roasting pan and pour the chicken or vegetable broth into the pan.
- Roast the pork loin in the preheated oven for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C), as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Allow the pork loin to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice and serve the pork loin with your favorite sides.
- Serving Size: 1 serving (4 ounces)
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 330mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 32g
Useful Resource Links:
About for Health:
Smithfield pork loin is a lean cut of meat, providing high-quality protein, essential vitamins, and minerals. Moderation in consumption is recommended to maintain a balanced diet.
Dish Originating from:
Main Course, Roast
How Long Does It Last:
Leftover cooked pork loin can be refrigerated for 3-4 days.
Can it Freeze:
Yes, cooked pork loin can be frozen for up to 2-3 months. Slice and wrap portions in freezer-safe packaging.
Estimated Cost in Dollars:
Other Food or Drink Pairings:
- Serve with roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
- Pair with a glass of red wine such as Pinot Noir or Merlot.
Community Tips and Praise in Points:
- Many emphasize the importance of marinating for a flavorful outcome.
- Some suggest using different herb combinations for personal taste preferences.
- Most praise the tenderness and juiciness of the pork loin when prepared correctly.
6 FAQs: Smithfield pork loin recipes
- Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh ones?
- Yes, but fresh herbs provide a more vibrant flavor.
- Can I marinate the pork loin overnight?
- Absolutely, marinating overnight enhances the flavor.
- What if my pork loin is larger or smaller than 4-5 pounds?
- Adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the weight.
- Can I use beef or chicken broth instead of vegetable broth?
- Yes, you can use any broth you prefer.
- Can I use this recipe for a bone-in pork loin?
- Yes, adjust the cooking time to ensure it’s fully cooked.
- Can I make gravy from the drippings?
- Yes, simply skim off excess fat and use the drippings to make gravy.
Smithfield Pork Loin is a delightful cut of meat that offers endless possibilities. This recipe highlights a traditional and flavorful way to prepare it, ensuring a satisfying meal for your gathering.
Keyword: Smithfield pork loin recipes