Smithfield smoked pork chops bring a delightful, smoky flavor to your dinner table. This recipe provides a simple and delicious way to prepare Smithfield smoked pork chops, ensuring a flavorful meal for 4 to 6 people.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
4 to 6 persons
4 to 6 smoked pork chops
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Cooking brush
- Meat thermometer
- 4 to 6 Smithfield smoked pork chops
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, paprika, salt, and black pepper to create the glaze.
- Place the smoked pork chops on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the glaze generously over each smoked pork chop.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C) using a meat thermometer.
- Let the pork chops rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 smoked pork chop
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 600mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 12g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 24g
Useful Resource Links:
About for Health:
Smithfield smoked pork chops, while delicious, should be enjoyed in moderation due to their sodium and fat content. Opt for leaner cuts for a healthier choice.
Dish Originating from:
How Long Does It Last:
Leftover cooked smoked pork chops can be refrigerated for 3-4 days.
Can it Freeze:
Yes, you can freeze cooked smoked pork chops for up to 2-3 months. Ensure they are tightly wrapped to prevent freezer burn.
Estimated Cost in Dollars:
Other Food or Drink Pairings:
- Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables for a classic pairing.
- Pair with a glass of white wine or apple cider for a delightful meal.
Community Tips and Praise in Points:
- Many suggest adjusting the glaze ingredients to personal taste preferences.
- Some recommend marinating the pork chops in the glaze for a longer time for enhanced flavor.
- Most praise the easy preparation and delicious taste of the smoked pork chops.
6 FAQs: Smithfield smoked pork chops recipes
- Can I use a different type of mustard for the glaze?
- Yes, you can experiment with different types of mustard for varying flavors.
- Can I use a different sweetener instead of brown sugar?
- Yes, you can substitute with honey or maple syrup for a different taste.
- Can I grill the smoked pork chops instead of baking?
- Absolutely, grilling adds a lovely char and smokiness to the pork chops.
- Can I use this glaze for other cuts of pork?
- Yes, this glaze works well with various cuts of pork, adjusting the cooking time accordingly.
- Can I make the glaze ahead of time and store it?
- Yes, you can make the glaze in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Can I use this glaze for chicken or other meats?
- Yes, this glaze works well with chicken and even certain types of beef.
Smithfield smoked pork chops, glazed to perfection, provide a flavorful and easy-to-make meal. This recipe enhances the natural smoky taste, making it a delightful dish for any occasion.
Keyword: Smithfield smoked pork chops recipes