Celebrate your furry friend’s special day with a homemade Spoiled Dog Cake. This dog-friendly cake is a delightful treat that both you and your dog will love. Pamper your pup with this delicious and safe cake made especially for them!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
4 to 6 persons
One dog-friendly cake
- Mixing bowl
- Round cake pan (6-inch)
- Parchment paper
- Blender or food processor
- Cooling rack
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (unsalted and unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 6-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour and baking soda. Mix well.
- In a blender or food processor, blend together peanut butter, applesauce, melted coconut oil, shredded carrots, vanilla extract, and honey (if using).
- Pour the blended mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, serve to your pup and watch them enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 120
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 2g
Useful Resource Links:
About for Health:
This Spoiled Dog Cake is made with safe ingredients for dogs. However, ensure your dog doesn’t have any allergies to the ingredients used.
Dish Originating from:
Inspired by pet lovers
Pet Treat, Dessert
How Long Does It Last:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can it Freeze:
Yes, you can freeze individual slices in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Estimated Cost in Dollars:
Other Food or Drink Pairings:
- Serve with a dollop of unsweetened yogurt as a frosting alternative.
- Pair with a bowl of fresh water for your pup.
Community Tips and Praise in Points:
- Many pet owners appreciate the simplicity and safety of this dog-friendly cake recipe.
- Some suggest using different dog-safe toppings for added appeal.
- Most praise the joy it brings to their furry friends.
6 FAQs: Spoiled dog cake recipe
- Can I use a different flour for this recipe?
- Whole wheat flour is recommended, but you can try other dog-safe flours like oat or barley.
- Can I adjust the sweetness of the cake?
- Yes, you can adjust the honey or omit it based on your dog’s preferences.
- Can I make this in advance?
- Yes, you can bake the cake a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
- Are there any alternatives to peanut butter?
- You can use almond butter or sunflower seed butter as alternatives.
- Can I use a different pan size?
- Adjust the baking time accordingly if using a different size pan.
- Is this recipe suitable for all dog breeds?
- Yes, this cake is safe for all dog breeds, but ensure your dog doesn’t have allergies to the ingredients.
Treat your four-legged companion to a special celebration with this dog-friendly Spoiled Dog Cake. Share the love and joy with your furry friend on their special occasions.
Keyword: Spoiled dog cake recipe