Experience the iconic flavors of a Sweetgreen Harvest Bowl in the comfort of your home. This recipe brings together a medley of fresh, wholesome ingredients, creating a nourishing and satisfying salad bowl that’s perfect for a group gathering or family meal.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
8 to 10 persons
8-10 salad bowls
- Large mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Serving bowls
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (optional for added protein)
- 1 cup apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- In a saucepan, combine quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and water is absorbed.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss the butternut squash cubes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet and roast for about 20-25 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, roasted butternut squash, chopped kale, sliced Brussels sprouts, cooked chicken (if using), apples, goat cheese, dried cranberries, and pecans. Toss gently to combine.
- Divide the mixture into serving bowls.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the Sweetgreen Harvest Bowl!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 420
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 52g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 17g
Useful Resource Links:
About for Health:
The Sweetgreen Harvest Bowl is packed with nutritious ingredients like quinoa, vegetables, and lean protein. It offers a well-rounded meal with essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Dish Originating From:
Salad, Main Course
How Long Does It Last:
The Sweetgreen Harvest Bowl can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Keep the dressing separate and add just before serving.
Can it Freeze:
It’s not recommended to freeze this salad due to its fresh vegetable components.
Estimated Cost in Dollars:
Other Food or Drink Pairings:
- Pair with a refreshing lemonade or iced tea.
- Serve with a side of warm crusty bread or whole-grain rolls.
Community Tips and Praise in Points:
- Many recommend adding a squeeze of lemon juice for a burst of freshness.
- Some suggest trying different types of cheese, like feta or blue cheese, for varied flavors.
- Most praise the versatility of this recipe, allowing for customization based on individual preferences.
6 FAQs: Sweetgreen harvest bowl recipe
- Can I make this recipe vegan?
- Yes, simply omit the chicken and goat cheese or replace with plant-based alternatives.
- Can I substitute the quinoa with another grain?
- Absolutely, you can use brown rice, farro, or couscous.
- How do I toast pecans?
- Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 5-7 minutes, or until aromatic.
- Can I prepare the components in advance and assemble later?
- Yes, you can prepare the components in advance and assemble the salad just before serving.
- Can I use a different type of squash?
- Yes, acorn squash or kabocha squash are good alternatives.
- Can I make this nut-free?
- Yes, you can omit the pecans or replace them with pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.
The Sweetgreen Harvest Bowl is a wholesome and flavorful salad that brings together the goodness of quinoa, butternut squash, and a variety of vegetables. It’s a perfect option for a nourishing meal that appeals to all taste buds.
Keyword: Sweetgreen harvest bowl recipe