Know about Types of Leadership
Types of leadership can be characterized in different ways. Sometimes the focus is on leadership styles and at other times the focus is on the characteristics of a leader. But another awesome way to look at leadership types is at the organizational level. Leading at different levels of an organization requires that a leader uses a different approach at every level. That is why it is important that leaders understand the different types of leadership and know what they must do to be an effective leader at every level. Although it is fact that complex organizations can have many different levels, here are the basic types of leadership based on organizational levels:
You need integrity to create trust in your followers. They must believe that you will do what you say you will do. You walk the conversation. A common mistake that many leaders are guilty of is making promises that they cannot keep. That’s why you have to be very careful what you say to your followers. People are not disabled by someone who is careful with promises. They know that you only enter into obligations that you meet. Because they can trust that you will not keep your promises, they are therefore better followers.
Self-leadership in Types of Leadership
whether you lead a very small team or a very large organization, all leadership efforts begin with self-leadership. Self-leadership starts with introspection and development of one’s emotional intelligence. Leaders must first know themselves before they can effectively lead others.
Individual leadership in Types of Leadership
Individual leadership is about high-level performance as an individual employee. Leadership is not only a function of a position on an organization chart, but also individual performance. Anyone at any level of an organization can be a leader, even if they do not have a formal leadership position. Individual leaders are recognized for their leadership in determining the pace and high standards in their work.
Team leadership in Types of Leadership
Team leadership mean the leadership of a small team. It is all about true direct interaction between the there leader and his followers. In general, the leader is in regular contact with his team members and the leader is responsible for everything the team does or does not do.
Organizational leadership in Types of Leadership
Organizational leadership is leadership at the middle and highest level of an organization. This type of leadership is mostly indirect leadership because the leaders generally do not have enough direct contact with everyone in the organization. They lead indirectly by influencing the larger organization through subordinate leaders. They also exercise indirect leadership throughout the organization through the management of cultural standards, rewards and recognition programs and communication.
Macro leadership: Macro leadership is the leadership of complex organizations or even political units of the government where there are many stakeholders. No matter how difficult it is to run a large company, it is immeasurably harder to lead a city, state, or country as the chosen political leader. The leader must lead by building political coalitions and using position power and influence to gather followers of their vision. Perhaps this is the most difficult type of leadership, because it is so dependent on the persuasiveness and charisma of the leader, even when they perform an exalted function such as mayor, governor, prime minister or president. (Post: Types of Leadership)
Read also about leadership definition | Types of Leadership
Negative experiences have taught people to be suspicious of so-called ‘leaders’. They don’t want anyone to cheat on him or abuse him. Again, there are different types of leadership, but the only valuable and sustainable styles are no tricks and distrust. If your followers get a touch of cheating, you lose all your credibility and the power that comes with it.
By way of example, let’s say that you have decided to promise to give one of your subordinates a pay raise next year. This is a problem. More often than not, a raise will be out of your hands. You cannot know how well the company will perform this year. It is much better to think in terms of giving increases based on whether your followers are achieving the sales goals.
Sometimes it can be very difficult to keep your promises. Nevertheless, even if they are uncomfortable, it only has advantages to keep them. If you are ever in a situation where you have to reverse your dedication, you must apologize and find an acceptable compromise. Integrity always will go a long way in all types of leadership. The leaders who are most successful are those with integrity. (Post: Types of Leadership)
Common Elements in Types of Leadership
Although there are common elements of leadership at all these levels, there are also important differences. Leaders must use different and unique leadership skills to lead a team, an organization or a city. For example, team leaders who are promoted to a leadership role in the organization will find that the direct leadership skills that they used as team leaders do not work so well at the organizational level. If they cannot make the transition quickly and learn how to lead indirectly, they are unlikely to succeed. It is important that the leader recognizes these differences and understands how to exercise his leadership. Understanding the more different types of leadership that will be the difference between success and failure as a leader. (Post: Types of Leadership)
The best Types of Leadership FAVORS
Every leader must be careful and realize that they are often asked to do someone a favor. Although this activity is part of the job, there is often a thin line between doing something ethically and appropriately and behaving in a way that can actually be inappropriate or unethical or perceived as experienced! The decisive way to determine what it is could consider who benefits and why. Although a leader must strive to improve his experiences with his voters and make changes for the better, these changes should benefit the masses, rather than the individual, based on needs and serve the same way in similar situations . From a mnemonic perspective, let’s consider the best types of leadership favors.
1. Search facts; future: before making these kinds of decisions and taking action, one must delve deeply to discover what all the facts are that may be relevant! This mission to find facts must be thorough and unbiased! Focus not only on a certain situation or on the present, but on what the possible future consequences and consequences may be!
2. posture; ability; Attention: Start without anticipating, but rather keep an open mind and continue consistently with a positive, positive attitude. What would you like to do to ensure that you are fully prepared to evaluate thoroughly and accurately? Will you improve your aptitude and skills so that you are ready to respond correctly and appropriately? How can you ensure that you pay attention to all details and branches, as well as options and alternatives?
3. Vision; value; Values: A leader will only be able to make this distinction if he clearly understands and possesses his vision for the future, and the reasons why it is so valuable! Effective management means offering value to stakeholders, while maintaining the purity and intention of its values! (Post: Types of Leadership)
4. Opinions; options; opportunities: how will you distinguish between opinion and fact? How will you determine your opinion? What will you consider and why? Do you work with an open mind to consider possible, feasible options and alternatives? Will you be prepared for opportunities while you try to create your own?
5. Relevant; reliable: will the favors you consider have a positive or negative impact on others, or on the group as a whole? Are you going to focus on tackling relevant problems, with reliable planning, strategies and actions?
6. Reinforced; sustainable system: Ask yourself who benefits and is this acceptable and fair? Will your actions strengthen the organization and those you need? Will do a favor, will this possibly have a negative impact on the ability of the group to implement a high-quality, sustainable system? (Post: Types of Leadership)
Leaders must give and forgive, but avoid abusing or being patsies! Be careful if someone asks for favors!
Thanks for reading about types of leadership